LAN71 Head Tube Mill HTM1500/X. Clockwise from lower left: head tube mill body, cutter arbor with drawbolt, cutter, assembled mill complete with cutter, assembled compression rod. $543 complete with Silva art. 044 cutter for 1" steerers. $638 complete with Silva art. 405 cutter for 1-1/8" steerers. To order, please contact Andy
. PayPal and good check accepted.
1) Assemble cutter and arbor. Tighten H/T mill drawbolt with 6mm. Allen wrench to secure cutter and arbor to mill body.
2) Assemble aligning cone to bottom end (counterbored end) of arbor guide tube with 6mm. Allen wrench.
3) Assemble compression rod with spring, Acme handle nut and ball knob. Thread Acme handle nut several turns up Acme threaded section of compression rod.
4) Insert mill body into head tube and insert compression rod into opposite end of head tube. Thread compression rod into mill body (arbor).
5) Loosen H/T mill drawbolt 12 turns.
6) Loosen aligning cone clamp bolt with 6mm. Allen wrench. Slide cone up snug against bottom surface of head tube and tighten cone clamp bolt.
7) Tighten head tube mill draw bolt. Proceed to ream/chamfer/face head tube. Adjust spring compression as necessary using Acme handle nut.
8) Relax spring compression using Acme handle nut. Unthread compression rod from mill body and remove both from frame.
Viewed: 1591 times.